Natural psychedelics contain biologically active substances that can influence thinking and psyche. Recreational use of the product is popular due to its specific effects. It is usually quite safe, but one should not forget about the side effects and overdose.
Magic mushrooms are some of the popular natural psychedelics, and you can buy related products online. I’ve bought almost all of the magic mushrooms on this website and haven’t had a single bad experience. Take your time to find a highly reputable online dispensary to buy your magic mushroom.
Mechanism of Action of Psilocybin Mushrooms
There are many fungi that produce psychoactive substances. Their concentration depends on the particular genus, climatic conditions of growth, and maturity of the fruit body. Natural hallucinogens of this group may contain the following chemical compounds:
- psilocybin – basic
- psilocin – present in some types of mushrooms, and is also formed secondarily when psilocybin is destroyed in the human body
- other biologically active substances: baeocystin, aeruginascin, phenethylamine; isomers of serotonin, lysergic acid
Structurally, these compounds have much in common with human neurotransmitters involved in the transmission of nerve impulses in the central nervous system (CNS). Unfortunately, the exact mechanism of action of psilocybin is not well understood. It is known that the substance is capable of influencing serotonin receptors, and at toxic concentration, and norepinephrine.
By their chemical properties, psilocybin and its derivatives are considered to be relatively low toxic compounds. The first changes in mood and psyche are recorded when consumed from 3-6 mg or 0.05-0.1 mg/kg of body weight. The hallucinogenic and toxic doses are much higher.
Influence on the Body
People take hallucinogens by mouth, fresh or dried. Often, tea or sweets are prepared from mushrooms to kill a specific taste. It is important to consider that their effect is much stronger when consumed on an empty stomach, but the risk of side effects, in this case, is much higher.
The clinical picture of intoxication is in many ways similar to the effect of LSD. The influence of psilocybin mushrooms on the body with rare use is insignificant, and manifested by the development of the following effects:
- A feeling of increasing “coming”
- mood change
- changes in the perception of external stimuli – visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and gustatory paresthesias
- distortion of the sense of being in space and time
- misperception of social and moral values
- lack of logical and rational judgment
- A feeling of high spirituality
- erotic attraction
- reassessment of life principles
- release from painful thoughts and complexes
- side: increased body temperature, inability to control coordination of movements and speech, dilated pupils, increased heart rate, nausea
The qualitative characteristic of the “trip” depends on the dose taken and the individual characteristics of the person. Great importance is attached to the emotional background at the time of use. The wrong attitude can provoke the appearance of panic, anger, fear, aggression, and even suicidal thoughts.…Read More